Vikings in the new world
Experience Viking life and culture.
Looking for a vacation that offers learning, fun, relaxation, and stunning scenery? This vacation offers the chance to do all that in a convenient four day package.
- Luxurious, family run lodge accommodation
- Stunning local scenery
- Visit Anse aux Meadows: site of the earliest known European settlement in North America
- See re-enactments of different aspects of Viking life
- Good chance of seeing local wildelife
- Reaxed pace allows for plenty of downtime
NOTE: You will need to have private transport for the drive to Anse aux Meadows. Car rental is available at Deer Lake Airport. The drive from Deer Lake to your lodge takes around 4 hours and follows the stunning coast. Allow a day for this drive so you can stop, get out of the car, and look around.
Your vacation package is fully customisable to suit your preferred length of stay. It’s easy to combine this package with other of our vacations; get in touch and we’ll help you build your ideal getaway.
- Day one: arrive Deer Lake, drive to your lodge.
- Day two: Drive to Anse aux Meadows for your viking experience
- Day Three: Boat tour, whale watching
- Day Four: depart from lodge
Request A Quote
Canadian Staycations Inc is a bonded and licensed travel agent. BC Consumer Protection License number 81484
2573 Dunsmuir Ave.
Mon-Sat: 9am - 5pm